The loss of a loved one may affect one immediately after the death, or sometime down the road. Whenever you need support, we hope these resources will be a source of help and comfort to you, or call us directly for more information.
GriefShare groups meet at many local locations. To find a group near you, call 800-395-5755, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or go to www.griefshare.org.
- How To Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies by Therese A. Rando
- Understanding Your Grief: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt
- Healing Your Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
For People Who Have Lost a Spouse
- Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg
- A Handbook for Widowers by Ed Ames
- When a Man Faces Grief / A Man You Know Is Grieving by James E. Miller and Thomas Golden
For Adult Children Who Have Lost a Parent
Midlife Orphan; Facing Life’s Changes Now that Your Parents Are Gone by Jane Brooks
For Parents Who Have Lost a Child
- Will Our Tears Forever Flow by Ted Wampler
- When The Bough Breaks: Forever After the Death of a Son or Daughter by Ph.D. Judith R. Bernstein
- Compassionate Friends – a grief support group specifically for people who have lost a child
- Find locations of meetings at: www.compassionatefriends.org
For Adults Who Have Lost a Sibling
Surviving the Death of a Sibling: Living Through Grief When an Adult Brother or Sister Dies by T.J. Wray
- I Will Remember You: What to Do When Someone You Love Dies - A Guidebook Through Grief for Teens by Laura Dower
- Healing Your Grieving Heart for Teen: 100 Practical Ideas by Alan Wolfelt
- The Grieving Teen: A Guide for Teenagers and Their Friends by Helen Fitzgerald
- Fire in my Heart, Ice in my Veins: A Journal for Teenagers Experiencing a Loss by Enid Samuel Traisman
- Tear Soup by Pat Schweibert (Simply worded concepts, wonderfully colored pictures, and a creative idea - this book is comforting for adults as well as kids)
- Help Me Say Goodbye: Activities for Helping Kids Cope When a Special Person Dies by Janis Silverman
- Grandfather Hurant Lives Forever by Susanna Pitzer
SupportingKids; The Center for Grieving Children and Their Families
1213 Old Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707
Runs Healing Pathways grief support group program for bereaved children ages 5 to 18 and their caregivers
Association for Death Education and Counseling
Excellent articles about grief and how to cope.
Provides the anonymity and convenience of email support groups.
Wonderful articles, resources and forums for everyone, including teens,
parents and friends of those who are grieving.
The ability to hot link to external sites is provided by Willow Tree Hospice strictly as a service to those accessing our web site. Such external Internet sites contain information created, collected, published, maintained, posted or otherwise made available by institutions, organizations, or individuals independent of Willow Tree Hospice. Willow Tree Hospice does not endorse, approve, certify, review, or otherwise control in any way those external sites or the material contained therein. Willow Tree Hospice does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of any information or data located at or contained in such sites. Use of any information or data obtained from such sites is strictly voluntary, and is the sole risk and responsibility of the viewer or reader. Reliance on any such information or data should be undertaken only after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, usefulness, timeliness, or correct sequencing.
Any trade marks, trade names, or service marks mentioned herein remain the property of their respective owners. At any linked external site, reference to any specific commercial product, service, or process whether by trademark, trade name, service mark, or otherwise does not constitute or imply in any way endorsement, recommendation or other favorable consideration by Willow Tree Hospice. Any such reference also does not necessarily signify that such reference has been permitted by the owner(s) or licensee(s) of such trademark, trade name, service mark, or by the referenced manufacturer, distributor, or otherwise.